Saturday 17 March 2007

BLOG OFF!

What will you be doing this time next week? Saturday 24 March, 2007? If you're reading this, it's pretty much certain that you'll be on-line at your computer at some point or other during the day. Unless, that is, you decided to join in with SHUTDOWN DAY!


Consider the following statistic: in the region of ONE BILLION people have a computer and spend at least ONE HOUR A DAY on the internet which adds up to 372,609,004,374 HOURS EVERY YEAR.

So, here's the premise behind Shutdown Day:
It is obvious that people would find life extremely difficult without computers, maybe even impossible. If they disappeared for just one day, would we be able to cope?

Be a part of one of the biggest global experiments ever to take place on the internet. The idea behind the experiment is to find out how many people can go without a computer for one whole day, and what will happen if we all participate!

Shutdown your computer on this day and find out! Can you survive for 24 hours without your computer?
I'm going to give it try --- apart from anything else, it will save having to write a blog!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very difficult! I listen to music on my computer and it's the only way that I communicate with the person with whom I shall be spending the Easter hols! I will try though, promise!
When I first saw the title to your article today, I thought you were going to tell us you were blogging off for good! Ouf!

Good Dog said...

The whole day? I'll give it a go. ...Oh, wait a sec! I've got a friend's birthday party to go to. So I won't be in anyway. Phew, dodged that one. Hope you're having a good weekend this weekend.

Anne said...

Hmmm... I wonder what effect it will have on the economy? Interesting!